Aar! Hoist the sails for a lavish new discovery filled with treasures -- a magnificent resource for pirate lovers everywhere.
Step lively, pirate foes and fanciers! Mysterious booty found inside a long-lost sea chest, hidden for hundreds of years off the coast of Newfoundland, has just been uncovered for your enjoyment. Within these covers is the fascinating eighteenth-century journal of Captain William Lubber, an earnest soul who sailed the seas in search of the vicious female pirate Arabella Drummond. Prepare for a mesmerizing tale of the golden age of piracy -- from storm-tossed sailing ships to tantalizing treasure islands, from pirates' flags and fashions to their wily weapons and wicked ways. An extraordinary find for pirateologists, here is a true and complete companion for the dedicated pirate hunter.
PIRATEOLOGY's special treasures include:
- a stunning cover bearing a working compass and glittering gems
- treasure map with a missing piece -- for the canny reader to find
- multiple flaps, maps, charts, and booklets harboring codes and clues
- intricate drawings of ships' interiors
- a packet of gold dust
- a pocket sundial
- a cache of pirate letters, pieces of eight -- and a jewel as a final reward
Author: William Lubber | Editor: Dugald Steer
Hardcover, 32 pages, For all ages! Publisher: Candlewick Press, July 11, 2006.