The first book in Rick Riordan's #1 New York Times best-selling Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series, based on Norse mythology, is now available in paperback.
" The Sword of Summer is a propulsive, kinetic, witty rebooting of Norse mythology with all the charm of the Percy Jackson novels. Instantly likeable heroes! Insane action! Cool villains! A twisting, turning, always exciting story! Rick Riordan does it again, even better."- New York Times best-selling author Michael Grant
Magnus Chase has seen his share of trouble. Ever since that terrible night two years ago when his mother told him to run, he has lived alone on the streets of Boston, surviving by his wits, staying one step ahead of the police and truant officers. One day, he's tracked down by an uncle he barely knows-a man his mother claimed was dangerous. Uncle Randolph tells him an impossible secret: Magnus is the son of a Norse god.
The Viking myths are true. The gods of Asgard are preparing for war. Trolls, giants, and worse monsters are stirring for doomsday. To prevent Ragnarok, Magnus must search the Nine Worlds for a weapon that has been lost for thousands of years.
When an attack by fire giants forces him to choose between his own safety and the lives of hundreds of innocents, Magnus makes a fatal decision.
Sometimes, the only way to start a new life is to die . . .
- Rick Riordan is a #1 New York Times best-selling author many times over
- Rick has been intrigued by Norse mythology since childhood
- Ties in to Percy Jackson and the Olympians series
- The diverse cast includes a hearing-impaired elf, a Muslim Valkyrie, and a Black dwarf
- Includes a teaser for Book 2
- Ideal entertainment for middle schoolers but can be enjoyed by older readers too
Author: Rick Riordan
Paperback, 544 pages, Ages 10-14. Publisher: Disney-Hyperion, April 4, 2017.