In the second installment in Rick Riordan's blockbuster Norse mythology trilogy, now in paperback, Magnus and company have to help find Thor's missing weapon before all Muspellheim breaks loose.
"Riordan combines Norse mythology with a number of social issues: gender fluidity, disability, and race and religion. There's some crossover with characters from Riordan's other series, and the ending promises more overlap in future installments. A surefire hit."-- Booklist
Thor's hammer is missing again. The thunder god has a disturbing habit of misplacing his weapon--the mightiest force in the Nine Worlds.
But this time the hammer isn't just lost, it has fallen into enemy hands.
If Magnus Chase and his friends can't retrieve the hammer quickly, the mortal worlds will be defenseless against an onslaught of giants. Ragnarok will begin. The Nine Worlds will burn.
Unfortunately, the only person who can broker a deal for the hammer's return is the gods' worst enemy, Loki--and the price he wants is very high.
Bonus content includes a chapter from Magnus Chase Book 3: SHIP OF THE DEAD and a chapter from the first Rick Riordan Presents book, ARU SHAH AND THE END OF TIME by Roshani Chokshi.
- New York Times #1 best-selling series
- Hilarious and thrilling take on Norse mythology, Rick's favorite
- Features a diverse cast of characters from different races, ethnicities, religions, and lifestyles
- Winner of the ALA's Stonewall Award for GLBT children's literature
- Ties in to Percy Jackson series
- Includes teaser chapter for Book 3
- Ideal for middle schoolers but can be enjoyed by older readers, too
Author: Rick Riordan
Paperback, 496 pages, Ages 10-14. Publisher: Disney-Hyperion, April 3, 2018.